Monday, October 22, 2012

Hula Halau Update: Tropical Polynesian Productions


Credit: Depositphotos.com/Deborah Kolb
On occasion I will post information that I receive regarding various hula halau and events across the country. Here is one update that I received that I thought would be interesting to those of you in the Glendale, Arizona area...

Tropical Polynesian Productions, a dance company is based in Glendale, AZ, is looking for reliable students/dancers and musicians in the Glendale/Peoria areas to join their dance company.

They also teach beginner classes in Hawaiian and Tahitian dance.  The classes are on Thursdays from 6 pm to 7 pm at the Arrowhead Montessori, 14801 N. 83rd Avenue, Peoria, AZ.  In addition, preschoolers that attend the Montessori have classes on Tuesdays at 1:30 pm.

This post reminded me of when I had the chance to see one of my keiki cousins (not exactly, but close enough) perform during Merrie Monarch week in Hilo.  At the time, I thought that my cousin (who was in grade school) was pretty young for learning hula. Now I know how wrong I was!  I guess that it's never to early (or late, for that matter) to start hula!  :)

Speaking of Merrie Monarch Festival...I had a great time during that week, and definitely encourage anyone who has not been to make plans to go...especially if you're into hula or would like to experience Hawaiian culture!  You really get to appreciate what an art form hula is and how important it is to Hawaiians.  (It's not like what many of the tourist places depict of hula....I'll save my rant for another time....).

Anyway...to Tropical Polynesian Productions.....hope to see you out there sometime!

A hui hou

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment